Growing up spiritually takes a plan. When I accepted Christ as Lord–as opposed to receiving a ticket out of hell–I had trouble finding folks who could articulate the Way. They told me ‘read the Bible,’ ‘do this’ and ‘do that.’ They were not wrong, but I needed more. It is always my heart to offer that ‘more’ to others who are on this glorious path!
Throughout this website and in my materials you will find resources for ‘more.’ Soul Training in the Barn is a basic study to move believers on in their faith journey. BUT the bottom line is this:
We cannot “DO” to be…but when we “BE DISCIPLES” we will surely do the works God plans for us!
so, here are some BEs to do!
- RELATIONAL – Discipleship demands relationship with the Holy Spirit. Become best friends with the Holy Spirit; distinguish His voice; and increase your responsiveness.
- Be Spirit-led. Be Spirit-loved. Be Reverent.
- Isaiah 30:21; John 14:26; Galatians 5:16
- BIBLICALLY LITERATE – Study the Scriptures to know the King, the Kingdom and the Way.
- Be Students of the Word. Be Faithful.
- Psalm 119:9-11; Joshua 1:8; Matthew 4:4; 2 Timothy 2:15
- TRANSFORMED – What you learn as you study, must be practiced. Live the Word you read.
- Be the Word. Be Growing. Be Eternal. Be Obedient.
- Proverbs 4:20-1; John 14:15; James 1:23-25
- TRANSPARENT – Be honest and allow the Spirit total access to your heart, mind and will.
- Be Teachable. Be Humble. Be Hospitable (invite people to know the real you!).
- Proverbs 12:1; Luke 18:17; Hebrews 12:6
- FAMILY – Produce spiritual children, care for one another.
- Be Leaders. Be Encouragers. Be in Fellowship. Be Peacemakers.
- 1 Corinthians 12:12; Romans 14:13; Colossians 3:13
- LOVE – Live the Word that others will see it and long for it.
- Be Christ-like. Be Unselfish. Be Eternal.
- Proverbs 10:12; 1 Corinthians 13:4-8; 1 John 4:7, 18-19