Below is an excerpt from JOY IN THE JOURNEY, a book aimed at growing spiritually by learning to see the touch of God in our days. An online class and a one-day workshop will be held in the Spring of 2016. Be sure you are subscribed to the Glory Glimpse to receive notice when registration begins!
The Scriptures are the only source of Truth. In fact, Jesus said that His Words are Spirit and Life. Sometimes, Scripture is looked at as something to study, facts to know. The Benedictine Monks used a beautiful phrase that helps us read the Bible ‘rightly.’
Lectio Divina or Divine Reading puts the emphasis on hearing the Word in the context of life. It is not as difficult as many think. There are three questions that frame that kind of ‘thinking:’
- God is One who is driven to know us and be known by us.
- We are ones who are known and wholly loved by Father God.
- We are each empowered to see and share God as we walk in fellowship with Him.
Those three principles are important in looking over our lives as well. As you go forward, look through those lenses. Ask yourself:
- What did I learn about God in this time period?
- What did God reveal about me to myself?
- How does His unconditional, amazing love become more real to me in light of what I see about me?
- Who will be blessed as I share this glimpse?
- How can I walk it out more faithfully?
This is just a taste of what you will find in Joy in the Journey. It is chock full of tools aimed at nourishing your spiritual growth!
Get your copy on Amazon (Kindle or Print)
Or get signed up for the
to join others in growing later this spring (in a class online or in Chester).