Your song – your story – matters!
You have a story to tell!
Every life reveals God in a unique way. It is our one glorious opportunity to allow the image of God – which we are created in- to shine forth from our lives.
How we live becomes our song of God. The keys to singing your song clearly are knowing God and knowing yourself! He is your designer; you are made in His image, and He has personally planned good works for you to do. To sing your song well, you must first know the heart of God – and then find your place in His heart!
Hebrews 11:2 tells us Jesus is the author and perfecter of our faith. He is working in your life right now, and He writes amazing stories. As Jesus writes your story, you are the apple of His eye. He adores you and writes the story to make you shine brightly!
Journaling your faith journey moves you along the path of knowing God and finding yourself. Growing in grace and knowledge indicates movement! The devil knows God but never moves to trusting God! Like the diamond, faith develops through the pressures of life. Writing focuses your eyes on the journey and moves you forward. The following guided questions will help you hear and sing your song more clearly!
Consider the questions below and again let the Spirit direct your thoughts to how God has revealed Himself during the tough times.
• Has it ever felt like your prayers were unheard or that God ignored you?
• When did you doubt that the things you read in the Bible were true for you?
• Have you been disappointed by those you thought were godly…or at least more godly than you?
• When have you needed the peace that only God could provide?
• Have you ever had to make a sacrifice for your faith? Have you been ridiculed for your belief?
Faith is very personal and must be grappled with on an individual basis. We need each other, though, to truly see God. And we all share some common transition points in life that we can easily relate to another’s experience. Those crisis points are important windows for seeing God and helping others see Him. Let the Holy Spirit remind you of the fingerprints of God in such times as these:
• Loss of a loved one
• Celebrations: graduations, promotions
• Birth of children
• A move
Not all growth is from hard times, though. There are disciplines of faith that move us into Christ-likeness. Investing our time in the Word of God, in prayer, in fellowship and in Worship are key components of spiritual growth. Consider:
• What has helped you grow spiritually the most? What would you encourage every believer to try?
• How has it helped you?
• What changes in your life have you made to honor God…in obedience to God?
• What do you recall about your baptism?
• Are there other sacraments that are particularly meaningful?
• Have you ever shared the story of your salvation experience?
• Do you share with others how your faith impacts your life?
• Do you have a favorite hymn or passage of scripture?
• What goals for growth do you have now…where do you see God asking you to trust Him more?
• What transitions are likely to enter your life in the next five years?
Faith stories are inspiring, beautiful and ever-changing.
Start writing yours today or let me know how I can help you with the form below.