Battles in life are a sure thing. Those battles are our individual, unique opportunities to enjoy the victory of Christ personally. Each of us has victories to give back to Jesus that only we can give to Him! Isn’t it exciting to think of giving Jesus Christ a special gift?! Unveiling God in the details of our days is both a privilege and a responsibility. Every child of God is blessed by His presence; it is challenging to fix our eyes on the victories in our lives though.
Leave a note about Jesus victories that have blessed your life, won’t you?
The battles of life are as diverse as our own individual personalities. A battle against alcohol may have no greater spiritual significance than another saint’s battle against critical speaking. Self-mutilation, lies, murder, unforgiveness, slander—all are sins which, when grown, produce death and destruction. Jesus came to set us free from sin’s captivity. Giving Him the glory for chains released is our glorious privilege. It has been said that our battles are our unique opportunities to give a victory to Jesus that only we can give!
We love to recite Romans 8:28 but too often we present Christianity as a future hope more than a present reality. People need to know faith in Jesus Christ can make a difference when:
• The children are sick and the boss insists on your presence at the meeting.
• Your frail and aging parents have more needs than you can meet.
• Your spouse chooses to end the marriage.
• Your child loses their way and continues to spin farther from God.
• Failure seems to be the only thing you are capable of…
Jesus meets us in our battles in ways and times perfect for our needs. He uses all we encounter to help us learn who we are and to reveal to us that He is the great “I am.” God reveals Himself in His people (in the details of our lives) so that others can see Him and know who He is too! We have the joy of helping people glimpse new dimensions of our awesome God as we share the victories that walking in the light of Christ’s presence.
God’s Word enlightens our path and reveals ways we can obediently follow Him as we face hard times. Sharing the instructions and victories we receive helps others see Truth as well. Consider the glimpses of God from the battles above:
• A parent learns God still provides as she prays and shares her dilemma.
• The overwhelmed caregiver finds new understanding about God’s ability to meet needs and learns to rest in Him rather than ‘do it all.’
• The abandoned wife realizes more of Christ’s passion for people who have rejected Him as she confronts her own emotions.
• A parent feels the depth of comfort there is in knowing the Shepherd who searches relentlessly for the lost.
• One focused on perfection finds the peace of knowing that the love of God does not depend on performance.
Those of us who walk with God must tell the difference He makes in our day-to-day lives—and what lies we have to release to receive Him. Please consider sharing the details of how you have glimpsed Christ in your life. The Master Weaver entwines the thread of our lives in amazing ways. We need each other to broaden our view:
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:17-19
Cross-Life Coaching aims to help Christians live the realities of faith in the midst of the realities of life. Learn more here: Cross-Life Coaching